Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fall Fun and other stuff







This past week we have enjoyed doing fun fall things. Friday night football, pumpkin patches, hot apple cider, and costumes are just a few of the things we have started to enjoy. We went to the football game last Friday night. It was so great to have such beautiful weather to enjoy it. One of the ladies from our church sat behind us and shared her hot chocolate. Katy was lovin' that. Jack's love for this was written all over his face, quite literally I might add. Saturday we went to the very wet pumpkin patch. It was a beautiful day, but with all the rain, it was a bit muddy. It didn't stop the kids from lovin' the bounce houses and rides in the red wagon. The highlight for Jack was the train ride. His very expressive eyes in the picture should tell you that.






Well, I am learning how to be at home and now I am getting to be at home even longer. After much prayer and discussion, J and I decided that it would be best for Jack if I stayed home with him until after his surgery and recovery. This means I will be staying home until January 4. This is a HUGE step of faith for us. We are still in discussions with the school district to make the leave benefits equal between adoption and birth, but it has yet to be resolved. We are so thankful that we have some real estate opportunities as well as my parents being very generous which seem to make this possible. I am learning how to be a stay at home mom. I have always had summer vacation, but this is different. It has taken about three weeks to realize how this works. How to spend quality time with Jack and still get things accomplished at home has been a real challenge, but I am starting to get it. The Bible study I am doing right now could not be more ideal for such a time as this. I am learning how to believe God and break free to live the life God has intended me to have.






Jack and Katy have been doing so great with bonding. They really love playing together. It has been so great to see. I have been reminded so much in the last week that "bonding is a process, not an event." Katy has been teaching me this. She has really struggled with understanding her relationship with J and I with addition of little brother. Learning how to talk to Mama and Daddy to get her needs met and trusting us to do what we say have been the two biggest things that we are working through with her. Please pray for her and us as we learn more about each other.






On tap this week, investigating where Jack will go to school in January. Please pray for wisdom in this. We have a couple of options, just trying to find out the best fit. Jack has an evaluation with the speech pathologist from Children's Hospital. She is coming to our home. Hopefully, this will allow her to get a more thorough evaluation. I will post more after that evaluation.






Blessings to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment